Looking for the desktop application? Click Here
Desktop Lock is an iPhone application that will allow you to remotely lock your Mac or Windows desktops. It works in conjunction with a small application that runs on the desktop. For Mac users, the computer is locked using Fast User Switching, effectively suspending the current user. For Windows users, the computer is locked using the standard lock workstation function.
- Currently, you must be on the same network to lock the desktop. 3G/Cellular data networks will be supported in the future.
- OS X 10.6 or greater (works with OS X Lion) with Fast User Switching enabled
- Desktop Lock Mac application (download links below)
- Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7
- .Net Framework 3.5
- Bonjour for windows (Download here)
- Desktop Lock application (download links below)
- To run the Windows application in Vista / Win7 you will need to run the application with Administrator privileges
Once the desktop application is installed, open the desktop application and set a 4 digit numeric pin. You can install the desktop app on as many computers as you like. When you fire up the iPhone app, the configured desktops are automatically located and displayed in a table. Tap the arrow icon to set the PIN for each desktop. Now, from the main screen simply tap the desktop in the list, or tap the “Lock All Desktops” to lock each desktop automatically.
If you have any problems setting up the app please add a comment to this page or email me at email@example.com